1. How to get logged in to the NEW SurveyorConnect.com!

You should have received a password reset notification at the email address you used to register your account here. If you don't receive the email, please check your spam or junk folder. If you still don't have it, please click the following link to manually reset your password. If all else fails, send us an email at support@surveyorconnect.com.

[ CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD ]

Dismiss Notice

AutoCad 2000 Runtime Error

Discussion in 'Surveying Software & CAD' started by teffinger, Feb 16, 2012.

1. teffinger

teffinger 3-Year Member

About a month ago I began getting a "Runtime Error, abnormal program termination" at startup of AutoCad 2000 and the program would end. I reinstalled it and it worked fine but then a day later I would get the runtime error again. Through trial and error I figured out that if I accessed my email (hotmail) through msn, I would get the runtime error next time I tried to run AutoCad. If I reinstall AutoCad while the email is open I would get the runtime error immediately after the installation. As long as I don't use my email, I can run AutoCad. The problem doesn't occur if I access other web sites, just hotmail. I'm not positive about the hotmail thing because I haven't tested every web site or other program. Wierd huh?

Tom

2. Stephen Ward

Stephen Ward 4-Year Member

Licensed in:
    TN
    What OS are you on?

3. teffinger

teffinger 3-Year Member

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate. My latest work-around is to start AutoCad after the reinstall and before I start hotmail, then leave it running on the task bar. Once it's running it will keep running.

Tom

4. VA LS 2867

VA LS 2867 4-Year Member

Licensed in:
    NC, VA
    Which browser are you using? Try using a different web browser instead of internet explorer.

5. wv-stroj

wv-stroj 5-Year Member

> Which browser are you using? Try using a different web browser instead of internet explorer.

That's good advice even if you aren't having problems.

6. Stephen Ward

Stephen Ward 4-Year Member

Licensed in:
    TN
    I was getting run time errors anytime I allowed my machine to shutdown. Fixing LDD2i required a reinstall each time the machine was shutdown. Swim4Life pointed out that turning off User Access Control in Win7 fixes many issues with AutoCAD. Worked like a charm, I've had no more trouble.