1. How to get logged in to the NEW SurveyorConnect.com!

You should have received a password reset notification at the email address you used to register your account here. If you don't receive the email, please check your spam or junk folder. If you still don't have it, please click the following link to manually reset your password. If all else fails, send us an email at support@surveyorconnect.com.

[ CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD ]

Nice Asphalt

Discussion in 'Construction & Mining' started by Holy Cow, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Holy Cow

Holy Cow 5-Year Member

Attended a trade show last week which included a booth for The Asphalt Institute. As I strolled past, I pointed out T-shirts they had hanging in their booth to my co-worker. They were black with the following message in bright white: NICE ASPHALT. Told him ratherly loudly that this was the first time I'd ever seen a T-shirt bragging about hemmerhoids. The booth workers overheard and began to laugh. One thing lead to another and I was sitting in a chair being interviewed in front of a TV camera. The Ashphalt Institute does this at the trade shows in which they participate. Then they blend numerous clips together for promotional purposes and even put them on Youtube. Maybe I'll go viral someday!

BTW, I am now the owner of a neat T-shirt that says: NICE ASPHALT. Any recommendations on where I should wear it?

2. Don Blameuser

Don Blameuser 5-Year Member

Licensed in:
    CA
    To the Opera!

:-)

Don

3. Bob H

Bob H 4-Year Member

They must have a website, I want one, and I agree the opera would be perfect.

4. paden cash

paden cash 5-Year Member

Licensed in:
    OK
    Wear it to the next Concrete Pavers Association bash.

5. Holy Cow

Holy Cow 5-Year Member

They come in pink as well

http://www.asphaltinstitute.org/store_category_browse.asp?ic_id=5

6. Joe the Surveyor

Joe the Surveyor 5-Year Member

wear it..

to a green space rally

7. Chan GePlease

Chan GePlease 4-Year Member

I remember back in the old days when I got stuck as an inspector on a paving crew. It seems that a certain ethnic group from our souther bretren always pre-prepared their burritos, enchilads, etc in super wrapped foil pouches. They'd keep them in the side of the hopper all morning to slow cook them. Then come lucnh time they'd be all nice & cooked, all the while saying 'nice ashpalt oven'

8. JerryS

JerryS 5-Year Member

I suggest you wear your snazzy new shirt the next time you go to see your proctologist.

9. Jim in AZ

Jim in AZ 5-Year Member

Reminds me of Dad heating up a can of Pork and Beans on the truck manifold. I was a poor student and once forgot to punch a hole in the top of the can first and it exploded all over the engine compartment. The truck smelled like burned beans for weeks...