1. How to get logged in to the NEW SurveyorConnect.com!

You should have received a password reset notification at the email address you used to register your account here. If you don't receive the email, please check your spam or junk folder. If you still don't have it, please click the following link to manually reset your password. If all else fails, send us an email at support@surveyorconnect.com.

[ CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD ]

TDS .job file Conversion

Discussion in 'Surveying Software & CAD' started by GreyWolfe, Dec 30, 2010.

1. GreyWolfe

GreyWolfe 4-Year Member

I am still in the process of updating and loading everything onto this new computer. I installed a parallel port card and it is running my HP430 with no problems.

However, Survey Link, the program I used to download/upload my Nomad with TDS can not detect the hardware lock on LPT1. The program runs fine otherwise on Windows 7; however, in 28 days to will cease to run without the hardware lock.

I miss the TDS board. So, anyone know of an program that can convert between .job and .asc? Or .job and .crd? I'm running Carlson 2011 with AutoCad 2006 now, but it only wants to deal with the old .rw5 and .cr5 files, instead of TDS's .job and .raw files.

I'm rather not shell out a bunch of money for a program just to make conversions. I can upload/download with Windows Sync.

2. toivo1037

toivo1037 4-Year Member

Licensed in:
    MI
    I will be doing the same thing soon, good to know about the HP430, I will have to get a HP450c going.

As far as the conversion, Can you export a txt, or csv file, and import that into Carlson? That is what I have been doing with EP for years, I have never used the native TDS files.

3. GreyWolfe

GreyWolfe 4-Year Member

Yes, TDS can export it to another file then download to computer. I just like downloading the actual job file and then coverting once it's on the computer. I wish Carlson would just improve their TDS routine, especially since TDS is no longer competing with their data collector.

4. Tom Wilson

Tom Wilson 5-Year Member

I don't know about AutoCAD 2006 but in Civil 3D 2009, and I believe earlier versions, TDS Link is built in and can be opened under "SURVEY" - "Data Collection Link". This is the same program you are use to.

Trimble is supporting TDS now but it seems they are hard to get to.

T.W.

5. Frank Baker

Frank Baker 4-Year Member

This is just a "stab in the dark" but you might try a different IRQ address. I think the old default address for LPT1 was IRQ 7. You could look in your device manager and see what the IRQ is set to. Maybe the old hardware lock needs a certain IRQ. If this doesn't take care of it....I don't have a clue. :-)

6. Tom Wilson

Tom Wilson 5-Year Member

It would probably be worthwhile to get a USB lock, I know they are still issuing (selling) them. I went to USB years ago and I think it cost $50, but well worth it. I still like the old TDS Link and ForeSight programs, real simple to use and the easiest way to edit TDS .rw5 files.

T.W.

7. RFB

RFB 5-Year Member

Licensed in:
    FL
    If I'm not mistaken, Foresight will translate .job files.

See if the free demo will give you what you need.

:coffee:

8. GreyWolfe

GreyWolfe 4-Year Member

I don't see the IRQ settings for it. I'm running Windows7 Pro. I think I will toggle the settings I can change and see if anything happens.

As far as a USB lock, I wasn't aware there was such an animal for Survey Link to read. I would appreciate any information you could post on type, retailer, etc.

9. Jimmy Cleveland

Jimmy Cleveland 5-Year Member

Licensed in:
    AR, KY, MS, MO, TN
    Try contacting your local vendor for a usb lock. Maybe Hayes can help if your local vendor can't. I know I can pick up an extra usb key for my foresight software for under a hundred bucks.

10. Tom Wilson

Tom Wilson 5-Year Member

OK, links I have to Trimble, these will download the latest versions of each program.

ftp://ftp.trimble.com/pub/from_support/tds_surveylink_755/SurveyLink755.exe

ftp://ftp.trimble.com/pub/from_support/tds_foresight_225/ForeSight.exe

Trimble Navigation Ltd.
    Global Services Division
    Phone: 1-888-409-2904
    Fax:1-937-233-2188
    Repair_Services@trimble.com

The source of the information is Trimble.

I know the USB locks are available because we just recieved four of them at a school I teach at. We turned in the old parallel locks for the USB locks which work fine. I know I had to pay form my lock but that was years ago when TDS was still in business.

T.W.

11. Big Al

Big Al 4-Year Member

I'm using Foresight DXM 3.4.0. I think the link you posted for Foresight 2.2.5 is outdated, but I could be wrong.

12. sicilian cowboy

sicilian cowboy 4-Year Member

I'm hoping he has converted the file by now..........;-)

13. Joe M

Joe M 4-Year Member

Actually, the worst part of this thread is the answer is he simply was probably missing the correct Sentinel key lock drivers for Windows 7.

http://www.safenet-inc.com/support-downloads/sentinel-drivers/

14. Kris Morgan

Kris Morgan 5-Year Member

Grey

It's probably already been answered below, but
    Use windows explorer to transfer your files. Way Way faster.

Rename the *.raw to *.rw5
    Use Carlson 2011 to process the raw data file into the Carlson *.crd file.

Simple. I haven't used Survey Link in years. The windows explorer function is way cool and much easier than the other way.

I have folders set up named Raw Data, and then subfolders under them of the year. That way I keep up with all of my data by year and by client name. These files remain unmolested. I also copy the file into my working directory (i.e. C:\Carlson\Data11) and then edit that file. This way, if I eff it up, I've still got an unmolested copy with which to try again.

For my files with 15k points, it takes more time for the dc to import the *.txt file into it's file than to transfer it into the dc.