1. How to get logged in to the NEW SurveyorConnect.com!

You should have received a password reset notification at the email address you used to register your account here. If you don't receive the email, please check your spam or junk folder. If you still don't have it, please click the following link to manually reset your password. If all else fails, send us an email at support@surveyorconnect.com.

[ CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD ]

Whadda ya mean "CALL BEFORE YOU DIG"????

Discussion in 'General Land Surveying' started by FL/GA PLS., Aug 24, 2013.

1. FL/GA PLS.

FL/GA PLS. 5-Year Member

Licensed in:
    FL, GA
    OOOP's guess we better call somebody.......
    [​IMG]

Y'all have a great weekend! B-)

2. The Pseudo Ranger

The Pseudo Ranger 5-Year Member

When that happens, you just gotta stick it back in the hole and hope nobody noticed.

3. Jim Frame

Jim Frame 5-Year Member

Licensed in:
    CA
    I had that happen on a smaller scale once, when a sub to my firm was drilling 12"x4' holes for some driven-rod monuments. I had opened a USA (one-call for N. CA) ticket and the site was marked clear, but when the auger got down around 3', all of a sudden yellow plastic gas line came spinning up out of the hole. The driller shut down immediately, and we didn't smell any gas, but I was just a bit freaked out. We backfilled and picked another site nearby, and when I checked the ticket later I saw that PG&E (gas company) had noted the presence of a gas line that had been installed but never put into service. And it sure won't be put into service now!

4. JD Juelson

JD Juelson 4-Year Member

One of my operators hit an overhead telephone line with an excavator. When I reported it to get it repaired, they asked what hit it, I told them it was an excavator, and they wanted to know why I hadn't called "Call before you dig"......but....but I wasn't digging!!!

-JD-

5. Mapman

Mapman 3-Year Member

Licensed in:
    CA
    They walk amoung us and are allowed to breed.....:-/