Delinquent Payments

81 Posts
22 Users
339 Likes
Jitterboogie
(@jitterboogie)
Supporter Supporter

@holy-cow 

I remember the commercials. Cute old white couples in matching sweaters.

Maybe that was preparation H.

Meh.

I'm glad I don't have to remember that era of television.

Except for the electric company and seasme street.

Posted : August 3, 2021 10:18 am
not my real name
(@not-my-real-name)
Member Supporter
Topic starter

@peter-lothian 

Thank you Peter.

Posted : August 3, 2021 10:23 am
holy cow
(@holy-cow)
Member Member

@dougie 

There was no need for going to the weight room at 6:00 a.m. all Summer long in hopes the football coach would notice and move you up a notch on his list of most likely starters.  You had all the muscles, speed and agility required from your daily scavenging for food.

Posted : August 3, 2021 10:50 am
RADAR, RADAR and RADAR reacted

RTPK was the icing on the cake

Peter Lothian
(@peter-lothian)
Member Member

@holy-cow Thank you for the explanation. I will be 55 by the end of the year, and look forward to joining a new-to-me demographic. Thanks to genetics, I've been dealing with arthritis for a little over 10 years now. Wrenched my back this winter while actually being very careful wielding the snow shovel. And just found out that another classmate from high school has passed away.

Looking on the bright side, I finally caught a big striped bass this weekend (40"), so there are still things to look forward to.

Posted : August 3, 2021 10:51 am
holy cow
(@holy-cow)
Member Member

@peter-lothian 

When I was around 20 years old I was a student worker in a USDA facility for about 20 hours per week.  One fellow was 38 or so and another was just over 40.  They both suffered tremendously with arthritis.  That got my attention.  They were young but they acted about 30 years older than they were most every day.  I know one finally moved to Deming , New Mexico in hopes of having less discomfort in that climate.

You really notice you are getting old when you see some of your children's former classmates and what hair they have left is gray.  And the females are starting to compare menopause ailments.

Posted : August 3, 2021 11:42 am
Eagle1215
(@eagle1215)
Member Member

Just do what the mob does with delinquent payments.

Posted : August 3, 2021 5:46 pm

RTPK was the icing on the cake

Page 6 / 6