Here's your chance to get even
Note the beginning salary.
Real Estate Commission is seeking an individual to investigate complaints related to real estate laws and regulations.
We’re looking for candidates with the following Qualifications:
- At least two years of experience in the sale, lease, transfer, and financing of real property.
- At least three years in law enforcement, investigating, fact finding or enforcing state or federal laws and regulations.
- Ability to work independently and perform work from your home office.
- Education in communications, psychology, social work, public or business administration, criminal justice or law may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.
Essential Knowledge and Abilities:
- Understanding of documents used in real estate transactions.
- Knowledge of modern practice and techniques used in investigations.
- Experience providing testimony in administrative or civil cases preferred.
- Knowledge of the statutes and regulations governing real estate transactions and the activities of real estate salespersons and brokers, preferred but not required.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Investigate complaints of alleged violations of Real Estate Commission statutes and regulations by identifying, contacting and interviewing potential witnesses, gathering and organizing evidence, and preparing written reports from the information obtained in the investigation.
- Testify as the Commissioner's expert on disciplinary matters at administrative hearings.
- Respond to inquiries from consumers and licensees related to statutes and regulations.
- Provide training on investigative methodology and other topics to other compliance staff, licensees and the public related statutes and regulations.
- Present case summaries at the Commission's Investigative Team meetings and respond to questions regarding the investigation from Investigative Team members.
- Enter information into the complaint tracking database.
- Provide oral and written reports to identify trends in investigations.
- Traveling to attend required staff meetings and training.
Starting Pay: $18.00/hr. Salary can vary depending upon education, experience, or qualifications. This is a full-time position with benefits.
Hmmm, specialized law enforcement experience, knowledge of complex statutes, and ability to serve as an expert witness...
Did they mistakenly move the decimal point one place to the left?
Seems like they are describing a hand picked candidate they already know that is a retired FBI or similar.
Hire a firm that can provide an independent audit. Otherwise it's a public opinion sham process.
I've done this for a PE/LS Board. It's a great job but not even twice that money covers it...
The professional licensing newsletter I used to get had most of the real estate section full of violations for not reconciling the escrow trust accounts before going home. Even stuff that became available at 4:59 pm had to be updated.