Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Ring, ring

holy cow
(@holy-cow)
10,000+ posts Member

Providing my name and phone number to the neighbor was a professional act, but I knew what would happen and it did.

Her:  Oh, my God, the police have been out here four times since you left yesterday.

Me:  Wow.

Her:..........................................................................................................................................................(she said a whole bunch of stuff that was not related to a survey issue).......................................................

Me:  That's very interesting but it has nothing to do with the survey.  Good bye.

Topic starter Posted : September 14, 2021 11:49 am
RADAR and Brad Ott liked
dmyhill
(@dmyhill)
1,000+ posts Supporter

I had to stop a client the other day. She started telling me all about her neighbors and such, and she had already done this with others in the office. I am quite certain she did not want to pay my rate for me listening to her talk. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2021 1:26 pm
Dave Lindell
(@dave-lindell)
1,000+ posts Supporter

Just say "Oh, please tell me more. I charge by the hour and could use the rest listening to you."

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2021 1:29 pm
Stan Folsom and RADAR liked

Richard Imrie
(@richard-imrie)
1,000+ posts Member

I didn't know courting is a profession.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2021 1:40 pm
Brad Ott and RADAR liked
holy cow
(@holy-cow)
10,000+ posts Member

You can have her.

ugly love me

I am sorry if this happens to be any poster's ex-wife.  But, I can give you directions to her current location.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 15, 2021 9:16 am
Richard Imrie
(@richard-imrie)
1,000+ posts Member

@holy-cow 

That should have a "do not view with a mouth full of coffee" warning on it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 15, 2021 11:23 am
Brad Ott and RADAR liked

holy cow
(@holy-cow)
10,000+ posts Member

@richard-imrie 

Oh, man.  Thanks for the belly laugh.  Good thing I had nothing but hot air in my mouth when I read your response.  Still chuckling!

You can pass my apologies along to your janitorial service.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 15, 2021 11:53 am
Share: