Notifications
Clear all

Position Available RPLS Washington State

Page 1 / 2

topohill1
Topic starter
(@topohill1)
FNG

Hi everyone! Hope is doing well and are safe. I'm trying to find a licensed Professional Surveyor for a company located in Everett WA. 

I'm also looking for field help. We are heavy in UAV,UAS and Boundary.  Right now we are running magnet on fc5000. I will be moving us into Lieca controllers soon.

We have a couple of robotics and soon a Leica GS18i.

Civil3d and ESRI Arcview &Survey.

Please contact me

14 Replies
Norman Oklahoma
(@norman-oklahoma)
5,000+ posts

This is a chance for me to note that I have seen a couple of recent adverts for PLS help in the PDX area that have promised salaries of $100g, $150g, even $200g.  Historically pay rates, and cost of living, is even higher in the greater Seattle area. I can't believe that these are without caveats, but it does seem that a glass ceiling has been broken.   

5 Replies
One cup o joe
Supporter
(@one-cup-o-joe)

100+ posts

@norman-oklahoma 

Salaries go up now that I am retiring!

Tim V. PLS
(@tim-v-pls)

200+ posts

@one-cup-o-joe it's BECAUSE you're retiring Joe!

One cup o joe
Supporter
(@one-cup-o-joe)

100+ posts

@tim-v-pls 

What ever it takes, I am ok with it. With higher salaries maybe we can attract more people into the profession.

dmyhill
Supporter
(@dmyhill)

1,000+ posts

@norman-oklahoma 

Yep. And I am happy for it. It means that we can have upward pressure on our billable hours and we can start to complete for good talent for technicians and party chiefs.

Jitterboogie
(@jitterboogie)

1,000+ posts

@dmyhill 

I've been shopping around, and at 35-40/hr for non licensed people, I'm surprised as many positions exist that do.

Snohomish County had an instrument person gig that started at just south of 68k. It costs 85k just to live close enough to not commute 2 hours, or have three roommates.  

Jim Frame
(@jim-frame)
5,000+ posts
Posted by: @tim-v-pls

it's BECAUSE you're retiring Joe!

That comment may have been offered tongue-in-cheek, but there's probably some truth in it.  The average age of licensed land surveyors has been creeping upward for years, and as that cohort (which includes me) reaches retirement age the competition for available talent becomes more intense, thus spurring a rise in salaries.

Shelby H. Griggs PLS
(@shelby-h-griggs-pls)
500+ posts

Maybe I can stick it out until I am 80 or 90 and make up for years were wages weren't near that good 🙂 As it is, I am already planning to go to 68-70 and that isn't that far since I am 63 now. What's another few years?

SHG

3 Replies
Norman Oklahoma
(@norman-oklahoma)

5,000+ posts

@shelby-h-griggs-pls 

Do what you love for a living and you never work a day in your life.

Shelby H. Griggs PLS
(@shelby-h-griggs-pls)

500+ posts

@norman-oklahoma have said this for years. applies to everyone, not just surveyors. Garbage truck might be my next job, you get to smash stuff all day long, as long as you don't hit anyone or anything, go home at end of day with nothing to worry about.

SHG

Rich Roberge
Supporter
(@rich-roberge)

50+ posts

@shelby-h-griggs-pls I'm 68 now, and hope to work 'til I'm at least 75. By then I'll probably have 2 new knees to go with the two new hips I've gotten in the last 3 years.

StLSurveyor
Supporter
(@stlsurveyor)
1,000+ posts

$150-200k will get a lot of attention from young'ish multi-state surveyors with nearly 20 years of experience. The problem is...those advertisements are usually just click bait.

Page 1 / 2
Share: