Survey Crew Chief needed - Huntsville, Alabama
Survey Crew Chief
Primary Category: Field Crew Supervisor
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: High School / GED
Experience Requirement: 2 years
Compensation: $21-26/hour based on experience
Croy Engineering, LLC is a leading engineering firm that offers land surveying services in the southeastern United States. Croy is a growing firm with 5 locations and we are poised to continue to grow, expand and we are looking for talented professionals. Croy offers "The Croy Package" including Health Insurance, 401(k), Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Dental Insurance, Wellness Program, 1 Month Paid Vacation per year, and a company truck after a 90-day introductory period.
Survey Crew Chief Position Summary
Direction Received: Employee receives supervision by the Survey Manager
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as the point of contact for clients in the field, and communicates the progress of a project to the Survey Manager and/or the engineer in charge
- Supervises all field operations, such as measurements, drawing of sketches, construction staking, property corner staking, and other data collection
- Provides guidance to technicians on use of survey equipment, and assures that crew members follow standard procedures
- Operates GPS equipment and scanning equipment, and has knowledge of its capabilities
- Manages daily downloading of data collectors
- Use field data and notes to draft projects to completion using CADD software
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience as a crew chief
- 107 pilots license is a plus
- Boundary/Cadastral Survey experience
- Topographic Mapping Skills
- Trimble Survey equipment (Total Station and GPS)
- Topcon Survey Equipment (Robotics and GPS)
- Ability to perform calculations and work with computer programs
- Work in Huntsville and Fayetteville and travel to projects around the southeast U.S.
- Precise field note keeping and documentation skills
- Ability to walk long distances, work long hours, nights, weekends, and out of town work possible
- Qualified candidate must have a valid driver’s license and retain a clean motor vehicle report (MVR) for final consideration
- Ability to read and understand plans and direction given in the English language
- Ability to write in English
- Basic computer skills, ability to create and or edit Microsoft Suite applications
- Possess the ability to stand on your feet for approximately 3 hours minimum a day up to 8 hours a day.
- Possess the ability to traverse a construction job site consisting of uneven ground varying in height and consistency of material, with variation of elevation 12” or less (mud, gravel, rutted ground etc.)
- Be able to wear and work using GPI standard PPE, i.e. hard hats, safety vest, work boots, safety glasses/goggles.
Please send resumes to:
c/o Greg Stirm
603 Madison Street, SE
Huntsville, Al 35801
The posting does not mention the swamps from which you have chosen your name, other than that it looks reasonable enough.
Must be pretty flat country to ensure variation of elevation less than a foot.
Just trying to give your post a bump in case it helps you find a candidate. :silly: