Survey Party Chief Needed in Bakersfield, CA
The Survey Technician V position will take measurements, interpret survey calculations, compile evidence for boundary determinations, prepare legal land documents and descriptions, mapping, drafting, researching, and/or operate precise surveying instruments.
Essential Job Function
- Take and record measurements and/or data using survey equipment
- Prepare calculations from the data collected and from previous surveys
- Perform calculations for field staking and searches
- Provide drafting for topographic surveys
- Prepare computer aided mapping and drafting
- Coordinate with clients and project manager during field operations
- Introduced to direction of field operations as a survey party chief (construction staking, monitoring, topographic surveys, boundary surveys, etc.)
- Introduced to budget maintenance
- Introduced to calculating boundary resolutions
- Mitigate error on a project by using proper techniques related to surveying.
- Conduct surveys to ascertain the locations of natural features and man-made structures on the Earth's surface, underground, and underwater using electronic distance-measuring equipment and other surveying instruments.
- Supervisor in survey crew (additional crews on same project)
- Train entry level technicians
- Authority to reprimand
- Other duties as apply
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Accept direction from others
- Communication with co-workers and clients
- Time management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of survey equipment
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Some college or special training preferred
- 6 or more years of survey experience
DPSI is actively seeking a full-time, Survey Technician V (Party Chief) for our Bakersfield, CA office. The desired hours are Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm (overtime may vary). Responsibilities include compiling evidence for boundary determinations, prepare legal land documents, researching, and exerting manual labor. Candidates should have excellent time management skills and good communication with coworkers and clients alike. If you meet these requirements and are interested in a career with DPSI, please email your resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org of visit our website at www.dpsiinc.com for more career opportunities.