Clear all

On the HZ rates of GNSS systems

Page 1 / 4

Nate The Surveyor
Topic starter
(@nate-the-surveyor)
5,000+ posts

My Observation:

I bought a Javad GNSS system about 5 yrs ago. When I got it, it ran at 1 HZ. I got it going at 5 HZ very shortly thereafter.

I saw a major difference in performance, (In canopy) in going from 1HZ to 5 HZ. Others have pointed out that MOST GNSS MFRS can run at 5 HZ, or maybe even 10 HZ.

I am not 100% sure why, but it made a BIG difference in the JAVAD. Now a days, it now does upsampling, to run the base at 1 hz, and we still get 5hz performance. I do not know why that other MFR's don't get a major speed boost from 5HZ (According to some quasi experts) They have big credentials. But, I saw the Javad got one.

It works VERY well. In canopy. With full verification. I like it.

Thank you,

Nate

19 Replies
Gary
 Gary
(@gary_g)
50+ posts

Omfg not again?!

MightyMoe
(@mightymoe)
5,000+ posts

Nate!!! Did you have a copy/paste incident?

Nate The Surveyor
Topic starter
(@nate-the-surveyor)
5,000+ posts

No. But I think that discussion of this subject may yield some core information.

I'd think that all surveyors, both dumb and smart, would want to stay current with equipment. 

The reason I brought this up, is I've got a limited life span. Somebody somewhere will retrace my work. They will have the very best equipment that 2041 has to offer. 

Every survey we do, will eventually be retraced. Every error found. Wouldn't it be cool, if we could argue over 2mm someday, like we do 0.045 feet today? I think so.

Knowledge of equipment will be important. 

Some make comments disparaging Things that they don't understand. I've done it too. Dad used to talk about the vicious cycle, "get in debt, to get more work done, to pay off the debt". Don't skip personal time.

That's why I talk. It's disengenious to try to block people from equipment that:

Really does real time static processing.  Javad does.

That takes advantage of .2 second rates, deriving real answers, in between the even seconds. Javad does.

It works.

Time marches on.....

Someday, all gnss will be better than it is today. 

N

Jonathan50
(@jonathan50)
100+ posts
Posted by: @nate-the-surveyor

The reason I brought this up, is I've got a limited life span. Somebody somewhere will retrace my work. They will have the very best equipment that 2041 has to offer. 

0.19' error circle is not a result I would call that came from 'the very best equipment that 2021 has to offer. '

Page 1 / 4
Share: