Topcon GR3 Problems
Hello all, I have a bit of a problem, I have been working with a 2013 TOPCON GR3 for past 10 years now with little to no problems, but as of today my base started giving me the not enough satelites for solution, please try again. Which I have tried again and again. I have noticed as of late that the GR3 or the TDS Ranger have been losing the receiver settings for which head I am running, so we would have to connect with TRU and reset the base from receiver to base again on every setup and change the output wattage. I hope this is not a end of life type of problem. I Would be grateful for any input.
Try plugging it into external power, turning it on, and letting it sit running for 15-20 minutes before you try to configure it. Many GPS receivers have small internal batteries that help store basic info, like the last location it was used at. The OLD static receiver I have has small watch batteries on the motherboard, and are not easy to change without soldering. I have an that I need to let run to collect an almanac before I start recording, otherwise I always have to trip the Rinex file, as it basically does not know where it is when it defaults to 0-00-00N 0-00-00W. The not enough satellites may be it not knowing where to look for the birds without a current almanac which this should test.