WinTEQC Wishes

12 Posts
5 Users
3 Likes
hubermar
(@hubermar)
Member Member
Topic starter

Prompted by one of the NGS Regional Geodetic Advisors (awesome people), I obtained a new compiler and got WinTEQC ready for updates.  Not to get anyone's hopes up, but if you could have any modifications or additional functionality done, what would that look like? 

My biggest wish would be to have it directly submit to OPUS. I have looked at doing this but got discouraged.

Maybe some functionality for OPUS-Projects, or OPUS results? WinTEQC already does several things with the output from OPUS.  What would you guys like?   

Being retired, i have more time on my hands.  Working on WinTEQC just might keep me out of trouble.

As i said, don't get your hopes up... but I'd like to find something interesting to do.  

Posted : September 24, 2022 3:34 am
toeknee reacted
Topic Tags
Gary
 Gary
(@gary_g)
Member Member

What is a .swf file format for the  tutorial ?  

Posted : September 24, 2022 4:46 am
hubermar
(@hubermar)
Member Member
Topic starter

it is a Shockwave Flash Movie file that was created by an Adobe program. 

Thanks for asking the question... I believe that the file type is obsolete, so I have removed that link from the webpage.

Posted : September 24, 2022 7:14 am
Gary reacted

Get the 2023 SurveyorConnect Wall Calendar

Jaccen
(@jaccen)
Member Member

An option to submit to OPUS, NRCAN PPP, etc. would be pretty nice.  Updated tutorials (ie. trimming time, changing clocks for older equipment, etc.) would be good, too.

Posted : September 28, 2022 7:18 am
hubermar
(@hubermar)
Member Member
Topic starter

i attempted submitting to OPUS a few years back and was unsuccessful.  I'll give it another try.

I have never used NRCAN PPP, but i will look into it.

Posted : September 29, 2022 12:14 pm
Kevin
(@kevino)
Member Member

I just started testing this today. I haven't tried any of the splicing, decimating or translating but I do see an improvement opportunity

1. The ability to convert the latest manufacturer receiver file formats to RiNEX, like the Trimble T02 & T04 files. This would be useful for students that don't have access to complete software packages.

2. The ability to get a full screen for the input and output results.

-Kevin

Posted : October 10, 2022 1:01 pm

toeknee
(@toeknee)
Member Member

Congrats on the retirement!  

Thanks for working on this, great to here WinTEQC is being updated.  I've never used teqc or WinTEQC but it's been on my list to learn. 

1   Should I learn teqc by itself first?  Or just jump in with WinTEQC?

2.  The version of teqc that comes with WinTEQC is older (2015Nov6) then the version from UNAVCO is 2019Feb25. 

Can I use the newer version of teqc with the current download of WinTEQC?

Thanks,

Tony.

This post was modified 2 months ago by toeknee

Posted : October 15, 2022 3:50 pm
hubermar
(@hubermar)
Member Member
Topic starter

Kevin,

I am unable to add to the functionality of UNAVCO's TEQC of which the translation of manufacturer's formats function RINEX is one.  That is something that i would love to do. But the full screen suggestions is something that I can do.  i appreciate the response.

Posted : October 19, 2022 3:19 am
hubermar
(@hubermar)
Member Member
Topic starter

Hey Tony,

I suggest starting with TEQC just to get familiar with the background application.  Yes, you should be able to use the latest TEQC version with WinTEQC.  Just replace the older version teqc.exe in the WinTEQC directory

Posted : October 19, 2022 3:25 am
toeknee reacted

hubermar
(@hubermar)
Member Member
Topic starter

@kevino 

go to

and download the test version. see example of the link below... 

place the .exe in the same directory as the existing application.

You should now see an expand to full screen icon in the upper right of the input and output forms. click on that and see if that is what you were suggestion.

Posted : October 19, 2022 6:44 pm
toeknee
(@toeknee)
Member Member

Posted by: @hubermar

Hey Tony,

I suggest starting with TEQC just to get familiar with the background application.  Yes, you should be able to use the latest TEQC version with WinTEQC.  Just replace the older version teqc.exe in the WinTEQC directory

Thank you!

Posted : October 21, 2022 2:59 pm
toeknee
(@toeknee)
Member Member

It's a small thing, but some of the "Get file" buttons don't bring up a file browser dialog that allow me to paste in a directory path.  It can be much faster to paste in paths then manually traversed up and down complex directory trees.

If I click "Get File" in the upper left corner of the main page, I can paste a directory path into the top of the file browser window.  Yay!

If I, for example, go into the OPUS Utilities tab, and click on "Get text files", the dialog to browse does not allow me to paste in a directory path.  Oh darn. Lots of clicking.

When working with lots of projects with many data files organized deep into folder trees, it is very handy to be able to copy a directory path and paste it into "file open" or "select folder" dialog boxes.

Thanks!

PS I'm taking Dave Zenk's OPUS Projects course and he's showing us how to use WinTEQC OPUS Utilities - it's pretty awesome!  Thank you!

Posted : December 7, 2022 8:25 am