Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Hoping to find some info on vintage Keuffel Esser.

Keuffel Esser fan
Topic starter
(@keuffel-esser-fan)
FNG

Hello to all, new guy here, I decided to join with hopes of finding some info on some K&E transits and some other obscure transits and or theodolites I have collected over the years.   If you can steer me to the correct category title within the forum, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for looking :  Keuffel Esser fan

6 Replies
Chuck Beresford
(@chuck-beresford)
100+ posts

Welcome to the Forum. Be sure to check back as I'm confident many will chime in with some info to help in your quest. K&E made some excellent equipment.

1 Reply
Keuffel Esser fan
(@keuffel-esser-fan)

FNG

@chuck-beresford thank you much, I’m looking forward to hearing from some experienced collectors and learning what I can.

Nate The Surveyor
(@nate-the-surveyor)
5,000+ posts

I'm an old transit collector too. Kinda looking for a lietz from 1923....

N

1 Reply
Keuffel Esser fan
(@keuffel-esser-fan)

FNG

@nate-the-surveyor  I don’t own a Lietz, but I do have a odd one that’s labeled Max Krause of Leipzig, smaller transit type instrument.  Don’t think I’m going to sell it, unless it’s worth something astronomical.

Jonathan50
(@jonathan50)
50+ posts

Most of my K&E are old EDM boxes that sit on top of Wild theodolites. I think I have 3 such Autoranger EDMs. 

Nate The Surveyor
(@nate-the-surveyor)
5,000+ posts

I've got an autoranger S. 

It's not worth much, but I used it. So it has value to me. I've got a survey up in mena, with a significant error on it from that EDM. It was possible to mis-aim it, and get a signal return, that would be wrong by some 30 feet. We got run off by a local farmer, so I never went back and fixed it. Another surveyor found it, and fixed it.

N

Share: