Clear all

Call of Duty ~ Cold War

Brad Ott
(@brad-ott)
5,000+ posts Supporter
lunarfaze
(@lunarfaze)
50+ posts Member

I play this game a few times a week.  Haven't seen this.  Of course, I play Zombies.  

What map is this?

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 20, 2021 1:13 pm
Brad Ott
(@brad-ott)
5,000+ posts Supporter

It is my 18-yo.  He says:

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 20, 2021 2:13 pm

Squirltech
(@squirl)
500+ posts Member

I play this game too and found the "dig site" but didn't find the survey instrument. I'll have to play and look again. Lately I've been playing a lot more Apex Legends than CoD.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 21, 2021 8:27 am
lunarfaze liked
Richard Germiller
(@richard-germiller)
500+ posts Member

OK, call me misinformed, but when looking through the instrument, there's what might be a compass that's pointing almost North, below it states 356° (makes sense) but next to that it says N86W. Is this a case of programmers not having a good understanding of bearings, or are there some places in the world where bearings are based on the E-W axis rather than the N-S axis?

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 21, 2021 10:59 am
Lurker and Brad Ott liked
Squirltech
(@squirl)
500+ posts Member

@richard-germiller 

I would just say, "video game". 😎 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 21, 2021 1:00 pm
lunarfaze liked

Richard Germiller
(@richard-germiller)
500+ posts Member

@squirl 

Well partly the reason that I ask was that on my first day here in my new digs, I heard a conversation in the next cubicle (occupied by a property management person) one of the visitors was telling the other two "how easy it really is to write a legal description" he then went on to describe how bearings work and said N85°W means you are almost going North (he may have legitimately misspoke though) . Being my first day, I really didn't want to jump in to the conversation, so I bit my tongue. But it makes me wonder, did this person get his "information" by placing video games such as this?

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 21, 2021 1:10 pm
Brad Ott liked
Richard Imrie
(@richard-imrie)
1,000+ posts Member
Posted by: @richard-germiller

OK, call me misinformed, but when looking through the instrument, there's what might be a compass that's pointing almost North, below it states 356° (makes sense) but next to that it says N86W. Is this a case of programmers not having a good understanding of bearings, or are there some places in the world where bearings are based on the E-W axis rather than the N-S axis?

Could it be a military reckoning, to minimise confusion about which way around the bearing is?

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 21, 2021 5:47 pm
Erwin - Maerschalck Geodesie
(@erwin-maerschalck-geodesie)
10+ posts Member

@lunarfaze Iam pretty sure Richtenhoven can operate survey equipment 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 13, 2022 6:17 am

Squirltech
(@squirl)
500+ posts Member
Posted by: @lunarfaze

I play this game a few times a week.  Haven't seen this.  Of course, I play Zombies.  

I've recently started playing zombies, outbreak and outbreak survival.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2022 9:35 am
Share: