News Surveyor Connect is now a Sustaining Member of NSPS

7 Posts
6 Users
54 Likes
Wendell
(@wendell)
Founder Admin
Topic starter

This is something I've been meaning to do for quite a while now and I've finally gone and done it! More great news coming soon. 🙂

Until then, I have been working on a bio for Surveyor Connect, to be used on the Sustaining Members page at the NSPS website. I'm wondering if you'd be willing to read it through and critique it for me? I would really appreciate that. Thank you!

Surveyor Connect provides free discussion forums to the Land Surveying community.

Surveyor Connect is a community platform that serves as a vehicle for collaborative discussions and support for Land Surveyors and Geomatics Professionals all over the world. Our goal is to serve and support people that know and love Surveying and related topics, so they can keep up-to-date in their industry, while learning more, and getting more work done.

Built in 2010, Surveyor Connect was created because people needed help fixing a problem with the state of online surveying forums. “Build it and they will come,” was a common phrase we received from many surveyors throughout the country. Surveyor Connect soon became the de facto standard for surveying-related discussions, job listings, classifieds, and so much more.

Today, Surveyor Connect is a thriving hub where surveyors can gather without the constraints or privacy concerns of social media empires. We do everything we can to protect your privacy and will never sell or give away your data to anyone.

Join the conversation today at https://surveyorconnect.com

Posted : March 15, 2022 11:24 am
Ric Moore, 350RocketMike, Gary and 33 people reacted
Topic Tags
KScott
(@kscott)
Member Member

Fantastic Wendell!

I like the bio, short and concise.

NSPS gets a lot of criticism from some but there is no other national organization looking out for our interests. As a 40+ year member I cannot understand those survey professionals who do not support the NSPS.

Posted : March 15, 2022 11:31 am
RADAR, Wendell, RADAR and 3 people reacted
Wendell
(@wendell)
Founder Admin
Topic starter

@kscott 

Thank you!

I really enjoyed Curt Sumner's presentations when I attended conferences, plus he had me on his radio show years ago. Now Tim Burch is in there and I think he's a great fit for the organization.

Posted : March 15, 2022 12:16 pm

Get the 2023 SurveyorConnect Wall Calendar

One cup o joe
(@one-cup-o-joe)
Member Supporter

Great Job Wendell, 

It reads good to me.

We all should be part of our Local and National Organizations.

Posted : March 15, 2022 1:34 pm
Jitterboogie, Wendell, Jitterboogie and 3 people reacted
Norman Oklahoma
(@norman-oklahoma)
Member Member

It is quite good. I suggest replacing "de facto standard" with "home" .

Posted : March 15, 2022 2:43 pm
Lurker, Wendell, Lurker and 3 people reacted
Jitterboogie
(@jitterboogie)
Supporter Supporter

OFS!!!!¡

Posted : March 15, 2022 5:22 pm

Get the 2023 SurveyorConnect Wall Calendar

RPlumb314
(@rplumb314)
Member Member

I like it.

You might consider adding some statistics to give an idea of the volume of traffic and the amount of information available. Number of members, number of posts, etc. I'd be curious to know how many countries are represented, if a figure exists.

Posted : March 25, 2022 12:00 am