[Closed] Who & When Will We Hit 500,000 Posts?
As of this post, we have 498,740 forum posts here in the RPLS Today forums. When will the 500,000th post be posted and who will post it?
Care to make a guess? I'll send a free RPLS Today coffee mug to the following:
- The one who most closely guesses the date and time (PST) when the 500,000th post is posted.
- The one who guesses which person posts the 500,000th post.
- The one who actually posts the 500,000th post.
Here's how to enter:
Reply to this post with your guess for the date/time (PST) and the username of the person who you think will post it.
- One entry per person.
- We must be able to accurately determine the user you are guessing; the best way would be for you to tag them in your reply, e.g. @wendell -- you can find their tag ID attached to their posts in the forum or you can find them in the Members Directory.
- Only one mug per person, so if you guess more than one right, we'll adjust accordingly.
- One guess per person. If we find that you have submitted multiple guesses using multiple accounts, you will be disqualified from this and all future contests.
- Please try not to duplicate the entries of others. If there are duplicates, we will base the winner on who posted first.
- Entry deadline is when we reach 499,900 posts.
Other things to consider:
- The user that posts the 500,000th post might not even be registered yet.
- A post is any post in the Community Forums. A post can be a topic (the first post in a thread) or a reply to another post.
- Private Messages don't count as posts.
- Blog posts and replies to those posts DO count as posts because they also appear in the Community Forums.
- I will occasionally post an update with the current number of posts. There will be no regularity to it, just whenever I feel like it.
- Spam posts are deleted upon discovery and do not count toward the total number of posts.
- The statistics at the bottom of forum pages is rather vague, so good luck with that!
It will be Kent's return to the forum with a well thought out defense or take down of a long dead Texas surveyor.
Piece of cake. Keep an eye on the count, then post a couple hundred times as fast as possible. Earn that mug.
I'll bet on @holy-cow on October 20 at 0305 Pacific time (that's what the forum uses, isn't it?)
I'll bet on @flga-2 on October 31 at Mid Night Pacific time....