Share:
Notifications
Clear all

BaamTech Base Station operation

JGIBSON
(@jgibson)
FNG Member

Hi,
I'm in Queensland Australia. Council has a BaamTech PPK system (Phantom 4 Pro and BaamTech base station),

My problem is creating a RINEX file on the base. Sales support from USA is lacking.

There is an odd red unmarked switch I push down until it locks - to the left and to the right to test file creation.
There is also a cable with a click button that does not lockdown.

I turn on the base outside for it to collect satellite data, wait 15 minutes and check the removable drive for a file. No file is created !

If anyone has experience with this, please share your wisdom?

Cheers JG

Baamtech

Topic starter Posted : March 6, 2021 8:41 pm
Naterater
(@naterater)
FNG Member

First, are your 4 batteries charged? They are 18650 batteries and should get up to 4.2v each. When charged, they should allow that red toggle switch to illuminate.

Second, are you using the included thumb drive? I've found that most other drives cannot be fully inserted in the USB slot due to interference. It should be formatted to FAT32 and also light up when active.

Those are the easiest to check, and if those things don't fix it, I think I have an email from a while ago about the light sequences that I could dig up.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 7, 2021 6:38 am
bobwesterman
(@bobwesterman)
100+ posts Member

I don't know anything about that specific base, but most receivers I have used in the past need at least 25 minutes to get an almanac on first use.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 7, 2021 11:36 am

JGIBSON
(@jgibson)
FNG Member

Dear All,
A friend pointed out that the battery power supply to the unit comes from batteries in series ! Oopsie..
Problem solved. Now to get on with my beloved drone survey!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 7, 2021 2:38 pm
Bill93
(@bill93)
5,000+ posts Member
Posted by: @bobwesterman

The almanac repeats every 12.5 minutes.  If you are lucky as to your beginning time, you could get it that soon.  If the software doesn't know how to splice pieces together, then worst case is 25 minutes after acquiring a satellite.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 7, 2021 2:48 pm
Share: