UAV Log Book

3 Posts
3 Users
4 Likes
Shelby H. Griggs PLS
(@shelby-h-griggs-pls)
Member Member
Topic starter

Looking at method to log flight time, maintenance, etc. It looks like there are both paper and pen options as well as electronic. Downside to electronic seems to be a monthly cost and a bit unclear what happens to your logs if you change providers or even decide paper is better in the future. Having said that, leaning toward some electronic method because a bunch of data can be electronically imported direct from the flight. Examples are AirData and DroneLogbook are a couple I have looked at.

Anyone have experience with these or others or should I just log pilot and aircraft time on paper?

SHG

Posted : May 27, 2022 8:39 pm
Martin.au
(@martin_au)
Member Member

I've been using iAuditor as both a prestart checklist and as a logbook. The logbook aspect (page 1) records where the flight was, what it was for, what drone was used, maximum altitude set and a few other bits and pieces. The checklist (page 2) includes things like check for flight restrictions, remove gimbal lock, check for wildlife (eagles kill drones), check camera set to shutter priority, etc.

We don't log flight time, but that would be easy to record in iAuditor too.

This post was modified 8 months ago by Martin.au

Posted : May 28, 2022 1:13 am
CoreySnipes
(@coreysnipes)
Regular Member Member

Sorry to revive an old thread, but just to add my $.02 - I use AirData mainly because it pulls in an extensive amount of flight and equipment telemetry data automatically.  It knows which drone and battery was flown, and tracks data for each piece of equipment individually.  You can set your own maintenance schedules and get reminders, and if memory serves it has a lot of sensible defaults for maintenance schedules as well.  AirData is a huge time saver for me and very much worth the $$.

Posted : January 5, 2023 6:37 pm

Get the 2023 SurveyorConnect Wall Calendar