Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Virtual RINEX for PPK

PKM04558
(@pkm04558)
10+ posts Member

Has anyone downloaded and processed against Virtual RINEX for drone PPK? 

Topic starter Posted : June 14, 2022 12:18 pm
SurveyPNW
(@surveypnw)
FNG Member

You probably don't need this anymore, but it's basically the same thing as using a field collected static RINEX file. 

We go to the state network (WSRN), login, and go to the downloads. Can choose a specific mountpoint or a synthetic composite that covers a region. Make sure to get the precise given location they list. Then choose the time period, and download. 

Process as normal with whatever RINEX utility you normally use. Add it to your PPK software, program in the station location and process as normal.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 6, 2022 10:55 am
MI-Other-Left
(@michigan-left)
10+ posts Member

When I post-process virtual rinex files in TBC (most current version), it literally takes about 10 minutes (or more, and sometimes just gets stuck and hangs the whole routine) for the software to solve a single baseline/vector and move on to the next.

My computer will process a 15 hour static session between 2 receiver files really quick (<10 seconds; ?; I don't pay attention).

Observed and Virtual files are set to log at 1 second, and are typically local RTK bases logging all day.

Anyone else have this experience, or know why this is happening?

This post was modified 1 day ago 4 times by MI-Other-Left
ReplyQuote
Posted : August 6, 2022 1:27 pm

Rover83
(@rover83)
1,000+ posts Member

@michigan-left 

That's could be an issue with the formatting/source of the virtual RINEX file, with TBC, or both. We pull in virtual reference stations to TBC regularly and have yet to encounter this problem.

The TBC team is pretty responsive with bugs though, I'd send in a support ticket to your dealer along with the VRS/static files and let them send it to the support team. Sounds like it should be a relatively easy thing to troubleshoot.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 7, 2022 6:46 am
Share: