Carlson Intelicad and 3d/2d plines

9 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
johnhls
(@johnhls)
Member Member
Topic starter

Was using Carlson Survey w/acad engine for years and recently switched to intelicad platform to take advantage of interplay with Carlson Point Cloud. So, I'm noticing lots of little differences in basic cad drafting.

One that I have not been able to figure out is extending a 3d polyline to a 2d line or pline. We use lots of mixed 2d/3d info in our workflow. ACAD never had a problem with extending, trimming and even fillets with mixed plines. Also, I have been trying to do a 3d fillet in 3d pline utility and can't get corner or intersection to work. Example; cleaning up corners and connections with 3d curb lines.

Not a game changer but very frustrating. Was always able to fly through basic cad drafting but it has slowed quite a bit since switch. I know its probably a variable or setup issue.

Thanks

John

Posted : November 21, 2022 7:59 am
Learner
(@learner)
Member Member

Check EDGEMODE and PROJMODE settings.

Posted : November 21, 2022 9:05 am
johnhls
(@johnhls)
Member Member
Topic starter

Still no luck. Tried PROJMODE with 0,1 and 2. Tried EDGEMODE with 0,1 and each version of selection in the command. Odd

Posted : November 21, 2022 1:03 pm

Get the 2023 SurveyorConnect Wall Calendar

Learner
(@learner)
Member Member

Send your drawing and your question to Carlson tech support.  They should be able to get you going.

Posted : November 22, 2022 4:24 am
johnhls
(@johnhls)
Member Member
Topic starter

Thanks. Did that and Carlson is working on it. So far, they are having the same issue and it seems it should not be an issue. They are sending it to the development team.

Posted : November 23, 2022 6:48 am
Brad Ott reacted
Learner
(@learner)
Member Member

I would expect some kind of fix soon.  Good luck!

Posted : November 23, 2022 7:29 am

johnhls
(@johnhls)
Member Member
Topic starter

I noticed another issue today with hatching inside a complicated polygon. I copied off to side, made sure all plines were closed and connected and set all to 2d elev.=0. I could not get the thing to hatch.

I still have my old computer with the standalone version of survey/acad 2019 to test the issues I am seeing with icad. When I opened the same figure in the old acad it hatched as expected. No issues. I was also able to do the 3dpline extend and fillet as first discussed in the start of this post. So...icad issue unfortunately and will see what Carlson can figure out.

Posted : November 23, 2022 10:41 am
VA LS 2867
(@va-ls-2867)
Member Member

@johnhls I've run into that a few times.  I use the draw boundary line command in the draw pull down menu to enclose the hatch area and then hatch as normal.  Then erase the polyline(s) when done.

Posted : November 30, 2022 7:57 pm
BushAxe reacted
johnhls
(@johnhls)
Member Member
Topic starter

Thanks, I'll try that. 

Posted : December 1, 2022 6:11 am