Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Copying Trimble Access Job Files

ncsudirtman
(@ncsudirtman)
200+ posts Member

So I am wanting to copy a Trimble Access 2021 job file from a rented data collector to my data collector running Trimble Access version 2017.23. Is there a process to best do this to preserve the integrity of the data collected besides just exporting a basic .csv or .txt file? I've done this before fairly easily with Topcon Pocket 3D but Trimble Access is a newer platform for me that I'm still learning. Wasn't sure too if going back to an older version of type of Trimble Access software would be difficult?

Topic starter Posted : November 24, 2021 2:22 pm
Williwaw
(@williwaw)
1,000+ posts Member

I think you're probably going to need this to get it into the right version. The different versions won't necessarily open in your version of Access so you might need to convert it using https://surveytools.trimbleaccess.com/jobconverter

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 24, 2021 3:36 pm
ncsudirtman
(@ncsudirtman)
200+ posts Member

@williwaw thank you I will take a look into this. Just wanted to try to preserve everything as best as possible rather than simply relying on only a PNEZD .txt/.csv file

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 25, 2021 12:08 pm

jim.cox
(@jimcox)
1,000+ posts Supporter

If you can't open the job file - then CSV is a good way to go.

You  might want to look at exporting as JXL files - job xml - which have some portability

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 25, 2021 6:26 pm
Dave Karoly
(@dave-karoly)
10,000+ posts Member

the TSC5 and 7 versions of Access put all the files in a project folder which is really handy, just copy the entire folder. I did it that way on the TSC3 but it wasn’t automatic.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 25, 2021 6:54 pm
christ lambrecht
(@christ-lambrecht)
1,000+ posts Member

Have a look at the Trimble ascii file generator program, free and let you convert your raw job file to whatever format (csv, txt, with or wthout attributes and notes, dxf, kml, jxl,  …) on your pc.

This post was modified 1 week ago by christ lambrecht
ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 12:55 am

R S Mayer
(@r-s-mayer)
50+ posts Member

TBC should be able to export a .job file to any version you are requiring, as long as TBC is a newer version.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2021 10:25 am
azweig
(@azweig)
200+ posts Member

Export from the TSC7 as a .jxl file, then create a new job in your TSC3 from that file

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 29, 2021 3:49 am
RobertUSA
(@robertusa)
100+ posts Member

You can upgrade a JOB file format, but you cannot downgrade it.  So going to your old TSC3 with discontinued software will need to be a coordinate file, not JOB.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 3, 2021 9:57 am

Share: