Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Leica Captivate line selection not working

GA123
Topic starter
(@ga123)
10+ posts

I am using the Leica Captivate v2.20 system (receiver CS20) and I am having problem with the activation of the line I want to measure/stake. No matter how close or far I zoom the map, the receiver doesn't make it bold (won't select) to "Measure line" it. All layers have been made Selectable in Layers area. Even the restart doesn't solve it. Only making the New Job helps the problem, but it doesn't quarantee that it doesn't happen there. As it occurs in several jobs within the day, I am asking has anyone had the same problem, what can be behind it and what's the solution?

Topic Tags
3 Replies
Chris Bouffard
(@chris-bouffard)
200+ posts

Sounds like it might be a settings problem.  Have you reached out to your Leica and your district salesman/trainer?  You might want to check and see if your firmware is up to date.

I'm running five sets of Leica total stations and two of their GPS packages.  Everything runs pretty smoothly when all of the equipment/Captivate DCs are running on the same up to date firmware but when there is a hiccup, I contact my regional trainer and he is pretty good at solving the problem but the level of help you get depends allot on whether your software and hardware licenses are paid up to date.

The biggest issue I am having right now is with five crews downloading their data to USB drives, when they pop them back into my PC they some times put them in the wrong port and remotely, they show up as a different drive letter.  I worked for a firm where my crews all used Trimble equipment and downloaded directly to a devoted drive on the server via mini USB chord.  Leica does not support that, they say that they may next year.  I'm hoping they do provide that flexibility so it can solve allot of headaches.

1 Reply
John Putnam
(@john-putnam)

1,000+ posts

@chris-bouffard

If the CS20 have internet access you can download to an FTP site.

John Putnam
(@john-putnam)
1,000+ posts

As for the OP, in the 3D viewer if you tap on the line it should highlight.  Then hit the screen on the right side and the commands should pop up.  From there when you it measure line it will import the line.  remember that measure line is an add on program that you need to pay for.  Also, the current version is 6.0

Share: