Share:
Notifications
Clear all

MAGNET Field Closure Program

Field Dog
(@field-dog)
500+ posts Member

We completed a closed loop traverse this morning with excellent results! I calculated the precision with my calculator, but I wanted MAGNET Field to do it as well. I didn't have a user's manual handy so I decided to wing it. I created a point list. Then I went to the closure program. I got a message that read "No traverse has been entered." How does the closure program work?

Topic starter Posted : October 20, 2021 6:18 pm
leegreen
(@leegreen)
1,000+ posts Member

Read the manual. Go to YouTube. Get some training. You'd be surprised how much you can learn. Not sure why you ask these questions here. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 21, 2021 1:01 am
Field Dog
(@field-dog)
500+ posts Member
Posted by: @leegreen

Read the manual.

I read the manual, which is short on details and contains no examples.

Go to YouTube.

I only watched one video, which used an actual field traverse as an example. I put MAGNET Field into manual mode assuming that I didn't need an actual field traverse. No luck with that. In the past I've used SMI software for the HP 48, which used a Random Point File (a list of points) to calculate a traverse closure. Currently I use Carlson Survey 2021 to perform a map check. I've concluded that raw data is necessary when using the MAGNET Field closure program. MAGNET Field should have the same capability that SMI and Carlson have. No raw data necessary!

Get some training.

That is always my goal!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 30, 2021 5:31 am

leegreen
(@leegreen)
1,000+ posts Member

I've used it with manual entry, works fine for me. The key is in naming the point ID'S and tagging the last two observations as "Use for Check" or similar, I'm going from memory not in front my controller. 

This post was modified 1 month ago 2 times by leegreen
ReplyQuote
Posted : October 30, 2021 6:00 am
Share: