Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Panasonic FZ-M1 Touch screen in "Water" mode

Ramses
(@ramses)
50+ posts Member

I had this FZ-M1 (FZ-M1CCFEXCM) for a couple of years now and I always thought that I could use it as a backup DC in case my Archer 2 dies. I just realized that I don't know how to switch the screen mode from "stylus" to "water" when it rains. I did a bit of testing by sprinkling a few drops of water on the screen and the result was terrible. Water makes it completely unusable.  Does anyone know where this touch screen modes utility is hidden in the Win 10 Pro version 10.0.19044? I already tried the "A" button on top without any luck. I also looked on the Panasonic website for a driver/utility that could do what I want, but I couldn't find anything. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Topic starter Posted : April 24, 2022 1:43 pm
350RocketMike
(@350rocketmike)
500+ posts Member
Posted by: @ramses

I had this FZ-M1 (FZ-M1CCFEXCM) for a couple of years now and I always thought that I could use it as a backup DC in case my Archer 2 dies. I just realized that I don't know how to switch the screen mode from "stylus" to "water" when it rains. I did a bit of testing by sprinkling a few drops of water on the screen and the result was terrible. Water makes it completely unusable.  Does anyone know where this touch screen modes utility is hidden in the Win 10 Pro version 10.0.19044? I already tried the "A" button on top without any luck. I also looked on the Panasonic website for a driver/utility that could do what I want, but I couldn't find anything. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

There should be a "Panasonic pc settings" application I believe it is called. When you launch that one of the tabs is touchscreen settings. There you can change between touch, pen/touch, water and glove. Glove works well depending on the gloves but don't get it dirty or it will lose its mind. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 24, 2022 3:39 pm
Ramses
(@ramses)
50+ posts Member

@350rocketmike Thanks Mike, I  just looked for that Panasonic utility and couldn't find anything that starts with Panasonic. I guess I'll have to search harder their website for this.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 25, 2022 2:49 am

leegreen
(@leegreen)
1,000+ posts Member

@ramses 

It is already installed on your Toughpad. No need to look on a website. Look in the Windows start menu.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 25, 2022 3:26 am
350RocketMike
(@350rocketmike)
500+ posts Member

@ramses 

I think shortly after I first got this tablet there was an update that somehow temporarily got rid of the Panasonic settings utility. It really screwed me up that one day because it was raining, I did more updates that night and it came back. It may have actually been driver updates so check that too. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 25, 2022 3:38 am
leegreen
(@leegreen)
1,000+ posts Member

Look for

"Dashboard for Panasonic PC"

Then you will see "Touch Panel Mode"

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 25, 2022 4:51 am

350RocketMike
(@350rocketmike)
500+ posts Member

This is what it looks like on mine. Water mode is right below glove mode. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 25, 2022 5:06 am
leegreen
(@leegreen)
1,000+ posts Member

@ramses

Next time you are in rain, just put the Toughpad in a clear plastic bag.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 25, 2022 5:24 am
RADAR
(@dougie)
5,000+ posts Member

@leegreen A disposable shower cap works great too

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 25, 2022 7:31 am

Ramses
(@ramses)
50+ posts Member
Posted by: @350rocketmike

This is what it looks like on mine. Water mode is right below glove mode. 

I downloaded the Panasonic PC Settings utility and it doesn't look anything like yours. Touch screen modes are not present. It must be my model (barcode reader). 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 25, 2022 4:28 pm
Ramses
(@ramses)
50+ posts Member

I want to thank you all for your help. I think I'll adopt the hacks Radar and Leegeen suggested - a clear plastic bag. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 25, 2022 4:31 pm
leegreen
(@leegreen)
1,000+ posts Member

@ramses 

Go to 2m:19s in this video. See if this works.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 26, 2022 5:38 am
Brad Ott liked

Ramses
(@ramses)
50+ posts Member

@leegreen Thanks lee, button A triggers the barcode reader laser on my model. Dashboard is not installed on the tablet and I couldn't find it anywhere to download. I just gave up trying. I'm  better off buying another one that's not a barcode reader.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 27, 2022 2:32 am
Share: