Clear all

Project Management Software

14 Posts
11 Users
15 Likes
(@sirveyman)
Member Member
Topic starter

We're looking to migrate our old early 2000's customer/project database to something more modern that includes scheduling and project tracking. Does anybody have any recommendations for product? What do you use? Are you happy with it? Thanks in advance.

Posted : April 27, 2020 12:14 pm
MightyMoe
(@mightymoe)
Member Supporter

If you get something great, I would like to hear about it. I mostly use our spreadsheet home made time sheet/billing program, not what you need I'd imagine.

Posted : April 27, 2020 12:48 pm
SirVeyMan, John Putnam, SirVeyMan and 3 people reacted
John Putnam
(@john-putnam)
Member Member

QuickBooks is okay for the accounting portion but blows for any planning let alone scheduling.  I still can get over the fact that I can not extract the hours from an estimate for planning purposes.

Posted : April 27, 2020 12:56 pm

Get the 2023 SurveyorConnect Wall Calendar

(@sirveyman)
Member Member
Topic starter

We've zeroed in on Info-Retriever and Kudurru Stone; however, commitment is hard. Kudurru Stone looks like it covers most of our bases but it has not been around for very long and we don't want to migrate over and then have it disappear shortly thereafter. Info-Retriever looks as outdated as what we're currently using but has more robust features. There has to be something else out there!

That being said, if somebody can vouch for the two programs mentioned above, we might be willing to take a chance.

Posted : April 27, 2020 1:22 pm
Jaccen
(@jaccen)
Member Member

Some firms up here in Ontario use this one:

https://www.pimarc.com/

Posted : April 28, 2020 4:24 am
(@antcrook)
Member Member

I use ProWorkflow, but that Kudurru Stone looks like it is geared more towards land surveyors, I may have to give it a test run.

Posted : April 28, 2020 12:58 pm
Andy J, Andy J and Andy J reacted

Brad Ott
(@brad-ott)
Thor (god of thunder) Supporter

I really like List Master Pro - Your Lists by List Logic Software.  Been using it for years.

Posted : April 28, 2020 1:21 pm
Jaccen
(@jaccen)
Member Member

If you only want to do Project Management (aka no billing, disbursements, etc.) then the Planner plugin for Microsoft Teams is pretty useful.

Posted : April 29, 2020 6:59 am
Andy J
(@andy-j)
Member Member

Posted : April 29, 2020 7:34 am

Squirltech
(@squirl)
Member Member

We use Newforma. It tracks everything from emails to submittals. Really quite powerful and easy to navigate like windows file explorer.

Granted, we're a large firm.

Posted : April 29, 2020 7:36 am
Andy J
(@andy-j)
Member Member

@antcrook

that does look nice!  Anyone using that? 

Posted : April 29, 2020 8:11 am
Cameron Watson PLS
(@cameron-watson-pls)
Member Supporter

Not sure what exactly you're looking for in regards to "project tracking" but I really love Asana.  It's free to teams of less than 15 which is pretty awesome.  There's a list view or a calendar view.  I use the calendar view all the time.  Someone calls to schedule something, I add it as a task to the schedule and assign a crew to it.  When they call back to reschedule I can very simply drag and drop the task on the calendar to the next available day.  You can also add attachments to the tasks which is super handy.  There are some additional functions with the paid version but the free version works fine for what I need.  It also has an integration with Harvest Time Tracking although I don't use that and can't comment on how it works.  I've attached a screen grab of what the calendar view looks like.

Posted : April 29, 2020 12:55 pm

(@sireath)
Member Member

This got me interested but I have not used project management software before.

What does one gets out of using such software?

Does your field/office crew get access to the software as well or just the management peeps as i see most of them charge by per user per month? 

Posted : April 29, 2020 6:08 pm
(@z-rapp)
Member Member

Just checking in on this.

Does anyone have experience with Kudurru Stone?

If so, any input?

Thanks in advance.

Posted : January 24, 2023 12:17 pm