Trimble Access question

13 Posts
6 Users
9 Likes
eddycreek
(@eddycreek)
Member Member
Topic starter

I need to generate a csv report from Access containing the plan point number, the plan point coordinates, and the delta elevations for about 1000 3d points (i.e. 1,1000.00,1000.00,-.10) so I can plot it out with the delta elevations labeled.  Havent been able to get any of the stakeout reports to do it, and haven't been able to figure out how to create a custom report that only shows that info, or anything that I can edit to get just that info easily.  Any help appreciated before I wait until tomorrow to call the support guy.

Need to shoot the provided points on an existing asphalt mat on a 15' grid to show any high and low spots, and also be able to insert them to an xcel spread sheet that will highlight the amount of points that are out of tolerance.  

Intended to be retired, but got called and agreed to do this because it has to be stamped and signed by a PLS.

This topic was modified 7 months ago by eddycreek

Posted : May 15, 2022 10:23 am
R.J. Schneider
(@rj-schneider)
You succesfully replied Member

Posted by: @eddycreek

Havent been able to get any of the stakeout reports to do it

Haven't had to do that before.  Would it be worth your time to go into 'Survey Styles' and adjust your 'As-Staked Point Defaults' preferences ?

Maybe check the 'Store Grid Deltas' option box. Then check the 'View Created File' under the 'Export'  file options.

You could see the format instantly, and then decide whether you need to tweek the settings, without having to download/upload the whole deal.

Posted : May 15, 2022 11:04 am
jbw, jbw and jbw reacted
eddycreek
(@eddycreek)
Member Member
Topic starter

@rj-schneider 

Yeah, I tried that, but the Stakeout Report it spits out is an htm file with only the n,e, and z deltas.  If I switch to a Check Shot report, it's an htm file with nothing in it, even thought I have the h and v tolerances set to 0.  It says the shots that exceed the tolerances will be highlighted, which they all should be in the test I am doing, but it shows no points.

This post was modified 7 months ago by eddycreek

Posted : May 15, 2022 11:30 am

Get the 2023 SurveyorConnect Wall Calendar

R.J. Schneider
(@rj-schneider)
You succesfully replied Member
bobwesterman
(@bobwesterman)
Member Member

Take a look at these:

https://forms.trimble.com/globalTRLTAB.asp?nav=Collection-62098

Posted : May 15, 2022 5:54 pm
bobwesterman
(@bobwesterman)
Member Member

Sorry the whole link didn't come through. 

Check that page for style sheets.  One of the is called "As staked delta display" of it doesn't do what you want there's documentation with it so that it can probably be modified to do what you're looking for.

Posted : May 15, 2022 5:59 pm

Rover83
(@rover83)
Member Member

I've done quite a few custom stylesheets and this seems like a pretty simple one, although field workflow does matter.

If all of these points are going to be stored as stakeout points, and there's nothing screwy going on like staking to a DTM or staking multiple elevations, it's a pretty simple process.

I'm in the middle of moving houses but I'll see if I have something that could easily be modified to suit.

The low-tech option would be to set your store point feature code to be the stakeout point name, then export out a comma-delimited file from the controller, and drop the original stakeout CSV and the Access-exported CSV into excel and sync them up.

Posted : May 15, 2022 6:15 pm
eddycreek
(@eddycreek)
Member Member
Topic starter

@rover83 

Thanks.  I may have to take the low tech option, just thought that would be a pretty standard type file to generate. 

Posted : May 15, 2022 7:06 pm
jim.cox
(@jimcox)
Member Supporter

For each survey style there is an option on stakeout called 'Store grid deltas'.

It is going to be much easier to generate your report if this is turned on.

The standard stakeout reports usually report these numbers.

You will probably get N E Z and dN dEd dZ in the standard outputs. 

You can either remove the columns you dont want with excel, or make a custom report by copying the original report and removing the columns you dont want

Posted : May 15, 2022 8:28 pm

Rover83
(@rover83)
Member Member

Try this one:

Change the file extension to XSL, then drop into the Trimble Data/System Files directory.

This will output the point name, design northing, design easting, cut/fill or delta elevation (from staked elevation to design), and feature code.

Posted : May 16, 2022 6:16 am
eddycreek
(@eddycreek)
Member Member
Topic starter

@bobwesterman 

Thanks.  Found one called Point Stakeout Cutsheet that has it all in there that will work with some editing.

Posted : May 16, 2022 6:38 am
eddycreek
(@eddycreek)
Member Member
Topic starter

@rover83 

That one is perfect without having to get rid of a bunch of extra columns.  Thanks!  And thanks to RJ, Bob, and Jim also.  

Posted : May 16, 2022 6:40 am

ncsudirtman
(@ncsudirtman)
Member Member

@rover83 thank you so much - I'm going to try that one in the back yard here soon just to see if I like it. 

Posted : May 16, 2022 8:08 am