Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Who uses VPN's and if you do any recommendations are appreciated.

Page 2 / 2

JPH
 JPH
(@jph)
1,000+ posts

I have Nord.  But I only use it for sports, games that are blacked out.  I've used it for netflix once in a while, when there's something that's not available here, but is in another country.   But I've also been blocked by netflix once they discover the vpn.

As said above, it can slow things down a bit too

FL/GA
Supporter
Topic starter
(@flga-2-2)
5,000+ posts

My main concern about the question was because I plan on switching to all online banking and electronic payment to monthly bills as well as some sensitive document exchange with investment corporations. In this case would a vpn be worth it? We ain’t talking high finance here. 😎 

kayakjb5
(@kayakjb5)
FNG

I also use Nord VPN. I think I've had it about a year now on my personal computer.

I use it when searching the internet for things to purchase so that I don't get tracked as easily and get subjected to all kinds of ads that I'm not interested in.

If you're traveling at all, especially if you're using a public Wi-Fi like at a hotel, coffee shop, etc. I highly recommend using a VPN. You can safely conduct banking and other security sensitive business when using one.

RADAR
(@dougie)
5,000+ posts
Posted by: @flga-2-2

We ain’t talking high finance here. 😎 

Wealth, like anything else, is relative. If you're comparing yourself to Jeff Bezos; well, you're small potatoes. If you're comparing yourself to Dougie; well, you better protect your assets, because even a little bit, is a lot...

BlitzkriegBob
(@blitzkriegbob)
200+ posts

There was a recent thread where I talked about encryption, and using a VPN will help with that, maybe. Not all VPNs are equally secure. I don't know anything about the VPN from Malwarebytes, but my usual suggestions are ExpressVPN and Surfshark. Those are probably the two fastest (least amount of speed loss, around 20%, compared to 50% for NordVPN) and both have a proven record of security.

Page 2 / 2
Share: