Can you explain this?
Got a client email; he had received an email from his PUD that said he still owned 5 lots in the area where I had finished doing a replat taking 7 lots and making them 2.
That was approved in February.
4 months or so ago. All signed by the county, recorded and two quit claim deeds filed to split the replat into the correct ownership.
He is trying to reduce his lot payment from 5 to 1 and the PUD said they reviewed his application and he still owns 5 lots because the county GIS shows it that way.
Soooooo,,,,,,,I sent the scanned plat, the file on I-doc showing the recording, the two deeds.
Lucky for me I hadn't removed and folder I keep on my desktop to send emails from as ongoing jobs are completed. Made it real simple.
Come on now 4 months?
And really they are using the GIS for their review?
It's a wonder they can bill the correct lot owners.
Come on now 4 months?
Yup. 4 months for me to consider starting your survey at this moment in human history. ( side note , boy my Iphone does not like beer leg dot come lately….)
Very few public employees that I come across are quick to do anything but it made me laugh to hear that it had to be 5 lots because the County GIS said so!!
I love your posts! You have more bizarre episodes in chaos in two months than most of us have in twenty years. What happens next? 😎
...because the County GIS said so!!
Unfortunately, that is fairly common. We recently had a two-lot binding site plan (similar to a plat) where everything got approved, they moved forward with constructing a storage facility on one lot, and right as they finished up and went for their occupancy certificate, the city refused.
Why? Because we were supposedly showing the other undeveloped lot (fronting on a semi-major state highway) incorrectly.
The GIS team insisted that there was a 10-foot ROW taking that we were not showing, and that it threw the whole project into question. (The other lot's preliminary design was out the window if this was true.) We had done the civil design, as well as the construction staking, and not once before had this come up.
So I spent a couple hours looking into things, only to find that someone in the GIS department had double-dipped on the ROW take (which we had already researched and depicted), which is why our lines weren't matching. But for about two days, the whole damned project was thrown into question because the magic lines on the interwebs didn't match our survey.