Notifications
Clear all

Elevation Certificate

Page 1 / 2

RADAR
Topic starter
(@dougie)
5,000+ posts

I know we've talked about this before; I searched and came up empty. 

Is there an easy way to add photos to a FEMA elevation certificate? I remember Steve Ward had developed a fillable PDF that was user friendly, but I can't find that either...

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

TIA
Dougie

18 Replies
Joe B
(@joe-b)
10+ posts

I believe this is the most up-to-date EC form.  It is a fillable PDF, and there are pages for inserting photos. FEMA Elevation Certificate

This is the website the link is on: https://www.fema.gov/glossary/elevation-certificate

The same form, and additional forms, can be found here: https://www.fema.gov/flood-insurance/find-form/underwriting

Just FYI, they have made some big changes, some of which are effective as of this month.  The new manual is here: current FEMA manuals

I hope this helps

Joe

1 Reply
Skeeter1996
(@skeeter1996)

1,000+ posts

@joe-b I'll admit I'm biased against the FEMA FIRM Maps program. I think the FEMA FIRM Maps are a big scam on the American public. The Elevation Certificate on their site doesn't work properly and now I discovered they change the FIRM maps on the MAP SERVICE CENTER without notice.

In 2017 I did an Elevation Certificate for the property next door to one I did yesterday 10/15/2021. Checking my files for the property next door I discovered the 2017 FIRM Map has different Base Flood Elevations than the FIRM Map today. A Base Flood Elevation of 3428.9 in 2017 is now 3430. In 2017 FEMA issued a LOMA on the property as being out of the Flood Plain, today the FIRM Map would indicate it's back in the Flood Plain. Both FIRM Maps have effective dates of 3/19/2013 and the same Map Panel Number. The recent FIRM has clearer imagery. The County has been holding people's feet to the fire for being 0.1 foot below the BFE, but apparently FEMA changes the BFEs at will.

TickMagnet
(@tickmagnet)
100+ posts

It looks the same as the form that came out in FEB 2020, same form number and expiration date

1 Reply
Joe B
(@joe-b)

10+ posts

@tickmagnet 

The certificate is the same.  I meant that the NFIP Flood Insurance manual has changed as of October 2021.  It is the same certificate.

RADAR
Topic starter
(@dougie)
5,000+ posts

Thanks @joe-b

I still seem to be missing something...

If I download the file, I can't type in any of the fields. I can fill it out, on line, except I can't attach photos; I drag and drop, but that just opens the photo in a new tab; right clicking doesn't have a paste option.

I think it might be an ID10T error; what do all y'all think?

TIA

Dougie

2 Replies
Joe B
(@joe-b)

10+ posts

@dougie 

When it works right you "left-click" and a window will pop open, then browse to the file you want and open it.  You don't want to drag and drop or "right-click" it won't work that way I don't think. 

Skeeter1996
(@skeeter1996)

1,000+ posts

@dougie I think FEMA is the  ID10T.

Jumbomotive
(@jumbomotive)
10+ posts

The download just worked fine for me. Download, close browser, open file from download location. Everything including the photos seems to work. 

2 Replies
RADAR
(@dougie)

5,000+ posts

@jumbomotive 

Maybe it's the way I open the file. Are you using a pdf viewer, or something that you payed for?

Thanks,

Radar

Jumbomotive
(@jumbomotive)

10+ posts

@dougie 

Yep, Acrobat DC. 

Page 1 / 2
Share: