Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Elevation Certificate

Page 2 / 2

dms330
(@dms330)
200+ posts

I have found I have a lot more luck with these when I use Adobe Acrobat Reader instead of my usual Nitro pdf program

Joe B
(@joe-b)
10+ posts

@dougie

I usually use Adobe Acrobat reader.

I opened it in internet explorer just now and it seems to work correctly.  I don't think I am using an addon or anything with internet explorer (usually don't use it at all) just plain old internet explorer.  When I open it in Firefox it is fillable, but I cannot add the photos properly by clicking on the spot on the PDF.  I also tried chrome, and I had the same problem as with Firefox: I could fill it in, but the photo section did not work correctly.

Maybe try internet explorer

Skeeter1996
(@skeeter1996)
1,000+ posts

I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2021 on a yearly scam and the form won't save or accept photos.

Steve Ward's version had all the bugs worked out of it, but I can't find it anymore.

2 Replies
Skeeter1996
(@skeeter1996)

1,000+ posts

Plus you can't save it. There was a problem reading the document(105). Typical government form.

Skeeter1996
(@skeeter1996)

1,000+ posts

I printed it into a Microsoft PDF file and read that into Adobe Acrobat and now it seems to work. More testing to follow.

RADAR
Topic starter
(@dougie)
5,000+ posts

I Finally figured it out; after spinning my wheels for 2 days...

I'm using 2015 Edition - PDF-XChange Editor:

I could fill in the blanks, on the on-line form, but I couldn't load the photos. When I saved the form to my laptop, I was unable to do anything with it, short of, printing it out and filling it in by hand and taping the pictures to the paper.

I finally right clicked, and checked the box that says "Select Text" and it worked! I was able to click in the area, and type in the information, and when I clicked in the photo box, a box opened up and let me navigate to my photos!

I'm sure there are several different flavors of PDF reader/writers; and each one has their own way of dealing with the various ways of adding information.

Thanks, everyone, for all of the great input; this is the greatest source of information on the World Wide Web!

You'll even learn stuff you didn't want to know...

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I know I will!

Dougie

Mike Marks
(@mike-marks)
1,000+ posts

@skeeter1996 FEMA/FIRMS/elevation certificates are a creation of  the National Flood Insurance Program that is woefully inadequate as an actuarial insurance business.  Rather than basing risk on actual claims they try to base premiums on a magic elevation which sounds reasonable but hydrology is a tricky science.

Agreed flooding is the biggest loss of infrastructure annually in the US and should be insured but getting it down to the nit with an elevation certificate is folly.  I've done a half dozen ECs where the client was within a foot or two of certification but my two mile level run to their foundation resulted in a yes/no determination within one tenth. Sad.

I've never done any ECs  since then except when the subject property is tens of feet above FIRM maps based on a cursory examination or sadly below by several feet.  My phone advice is either you're way safe from flooding or move if your own eyes suspect the creek/rainstorms will flood your place, or pay exorbitant premiums for NFA coverage.

1 Reply
Skeeter1996
(@skeeter1996)

1,000+ posts

@mike-marks Insurance rate determinations are exactly what they were meant for. The Federal Government has now pressured States to enforce FEMA's Base Flood Elevations into Building Permits. I've recently had two clients ordered by County Officials to remove buildings that are less than 1 foot below the mythical Base Flood Elevation. County Officials tell me they are audited for conformance to FIRM Map delineations and there is no room for logic.

Page 2 / 2
Share: