How?

9 Posts
7 Users
5 Likes
Stacy Carroll
(@stacy-carroll)
Member Member
Topic starter

Well, so much for the requirement to show plat closure. No computer needed to see that it won't close. How does this even happen?

Posted : September 22, 2022 9:51 am
MightyMoe
(@mightymoe)
Member Supporter

typo on the south bearing, easy enough to deal with. Shouldn't happen,,,,,,,but.

Posted : September 22, 2022 11:25 am
FL/GA
(@flga-2-2)
Member Supporter

Be happy it ain't Lot 2. "20' Easement around storm pipe", good luck with that rascal and good luck fitting a house on the remainder. 😎 

Posted : September 22, 2022 1:56 pm

Jon Payne
(@jon-payne)
Member Member

My drawings are certainly not the best example of what a well drawn map should look like.  But that drawing could use a little TLC from a CADD standards standpoint.

Posted : September 22, 2022 3:48 pm
Rover83 and Gary reacted
Stacy Carroll
(@stacy-carroll)
Member Member
Topic starter

@flga-2-2 

I recently staked a 325 sq.ft. house on a lot that was left over after a r/w taking. That house barely fit in the building envelope. Don't tell me I can't fit one on that remainder! Lol

Posted : September 22, 2022 5:28 pm
Brad Ott and FL/GA reacted
Gary
 Gary
(@gary_g)
Member Member

Standards are one thing, but I see a lot of drawings that could benifit from some training in artistic work. I was never a drafter but my business partner was a fine artist and taught me alot about line weight, font and font size as well as white space and placement of items on the plan.  

I have taken grief for running TraversePC and not a "real" CADD system, but when the reviewing agencies tell me how clear and concise and "readable" the plans are over some other submissions, I am well pleased.

Posted : September 23, 2022 5:03 am

MightyMoe
(@mightymoe)
Member Supporter

I just noticed the magnetic north arrow.

I've never seen that on a modern day plat.

Even the old plats show it as a rotational reference. 

Posted : September 23, 2022 5:43 am
James Fleming
(@james-fleming)
Member Member

Someone needs my standard "Drafting is language to express information in the same way as speech and writing..." lecture

Posted : September 23, 2022 6:48 am
Jim in AZ
(@jim-in-az)
Member Member

I've never understood why so many surveyors don't seem to understand that they need to produce a drawing that is comprehensible to non-surveyors. There is a whole field called "Cartography" that few surveyors seem to know about. 

"How to Lie with Maps" should be a requirement for all those who draft maps.

Posted : September 23, 2022 8:02 am