Mistakes happen

59 Posts
20 Users
201 Likes
Jitterboogie
(@jitterboogie)
Supporter Supporter

@larry-scott 

These photos keep getting better like the secret photos of the carnival side show freak show characters taken from amoungst their inner circle. WOW! 

Posted : July 1, 2022 12:45 pm
Dave Karoly
(@dave-karoly)
Member Member

We have circular lots in Rancho Murieta. The Platting Surveyor set a rebar at the center point which got promptly taken out by the new custom houses. I topo’d one of the few vacant ones left 20 years ago. The rebar was there but the adjoining houses, landscaping and patios spilled over into the common area. The circle was more of a suggestion than a hard and fast lot.

Posted : July 1, 2022 12:56 pm
Larry Scott
(@larry-scott)
Member Member
Topic starter

@jitterboogie 

Yeah, it defies common sense that an experienced contractor building an expensive house didn’t see a first order mistake before the concrete was poured. Or a low bid, unaccredited, fly by night, contractor bit off more he than could chew. 

This post was modified 3 months ago by Larry Scott

Posted : July 1, 2022 12:57 pm

Jitterboogie
(@jitterboogie)
Supporter Supporter

@larry-scott 

I'm no engineer but the footer above and adjacent to void space of disturbed earth seems like another thing coming in the future....but hey, I'm just a biologist until I get the next degree completed anyway. 😎 

Posted : July 1, 2022 1:00 pm
BStrand
(@bstrand)
Member Member

So, what you do is install a big platform lift between the garage door and the street to move your vehicles up and down while avoiding flooding.  Sure it'll take you 5-10 minutes to get out of your garage everyday, but at least you can tell people you live in the mountains!

Posted : July 6, 2022 3:43 pm
Larry Scott
(@larry-scott)
Member Member
Topic starter

Update on the house. The driveway poured at a crazy grade  look at the realtor lying photo:

Pretty creative. Apparently the realtor wants a prospective buyer to think you can park a car in the driveway.  

Posted : August 7, 2022 9:05 pm
FL/GA, RADAR, FL/GA and 3 people reacted

FL/GA
(@flga-2-2)
Member Supporter

@larry-scott 

Sooner or later somebody's gonna get sued. 😉 

Posted : August 8, 2022 8:07 am
J. Holt
(@j-holt)
Member Member

Posted by: @dave-karoly

We have circular lots in Rancho Murieta.

Circular lots are neat... this is one of my favorite "plats" with the roundy lots.

For fun count how many times you see the word "approximate" in the legal description of the parcel platted. 

Posted : August 8, 2022 7:56 pm
Brad Ott, RADAR, Brad Ott and 3 people reacted
NotSoMuch
(@notsomuch)
Member Member

@lurker I found only a single coordinate at the NE corner of the project (or the NE corner of Sheet 3 if you prefer).  From that point and a record bearing on that line, one could survey their way to the listed center coordinate of each lot.

Note that some circles are split into two lots but the couple of those I chose to look at in the aerial photograph all looked like a single house had been built.  I wonder what the developer's plan initially was with those?

Posted : August 10, 2022 4:49 am

NotSoMuch
(@notsomuch)
Member Member

@norman-oklahoma I have heard of similar plats in the area of Green Valley, AZ.

Take a look at Paseo de Amigos, Green Valley AZ 85614 or 31.86004, -110.99450 to see a representative aerial view.

Posted : August 10, 2022 5:02 am
Jp7191
(@jp7191)
Member Member

Posted by: @lurker

So how does one resurvey any of those lots? I see they are defined by a coordinate but I don't see any way to get on that coordinate system. How could that have even been allowed?

Maybe they are state plane coordinates 🙂 (apply sarcasm).  I noticed the same thing. Jp

Posted : August 10, 2022 10:35 am
RADAR, RADAR and RADAR reacted
Larry Scott
(@larry-scott)
Member Member
Topic starter

@jitterboogie 

well the house is for sale and as we’ve seen the garage is too low, driveway too

steep. This ought to chase off of potential buyer. The abrupt 20% grade change: 

Posted : September 12, 2022 1:50 pm
Brad Ott and BStrand reacted

Williwaw
(@williwaw)
Member Member

I’m sure a good realtor will find a way to spin this. All they need is a buyer that believes water flows up hill, which given today’s world shouldn’t be all that difficult.

Posted : September 12, 2022 2:34 pm
Larry Scott
(@larry-scott)
Member Member
Topic starter

@williwaw 

And normal cars or sports cars stay away. Maybe an SUV has enough clearance. But may be too tall to enter the garage.

Not bad… I guess for a house with no street parking, no guest parking, an unusable driveway all for $975K asking price.

but, there’s alway a but, it apparently as yet to secure an occupancy permit from the city. 

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 2 times by Larry Scott

Posted : September 12, 2022 2:54 pm
Brad Ott reacted
Page 4 / 4