Notifications
Clear all

Poison Oak

Page 1 / 4

BStrand
Topic starter
(@bstrand)
1,000+ posts

Ironically, I've never run into this stuff while working.  I did walk through a bunch of it while fishing over Labor Day weekend though.  First time dealing with this stuff and I can't believe what a disgusting mess it makes.

Anyway, I've been reading about it on the web and I've tried some of the remedies that are listed there.  I'm curious if anyone here knows maybe some lesser known but really effective ways to make it go away fast?

36 Replies
holy cow
(@holy-cow)
20,000+ posts

Abstinence.

Jim Frame
(@jim-frame)
5,000+ posts

I'm highly allergic.  The only thing I've found that "makes it go away fast" (relative term) is prednisone.

1 Reply
BStrand
(@bstrand)

1,000+ posts

@jim-frame

I went to an urgent care clinic yesterday because I tried cortison cream first and it seemed to cause major swelling and other rashes to develop.  I was hoping they'd give me a shot of this prednisone because it sounds highly effective but they were like nah, go home and if it gets worse then come back and see us.

Dave Reynolds
(@dave-reynolds)
200+ posts

Next best thing to prednisone…

Marie’s Poison Oak/Ivy Soap… you can get it on Amazon

ozzy84
(@ozzy84)
50+ posts

Young lad first hand experience, yes, this stuff works really well when in the woods and you need to "clean up after you know" but (big BUTT) ONLY ONCE!

Page 1 / 4
Share: