Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Sproutland

not my real name
(@not-my-real-name)
500+ posts Supporter

An interesting word found during some research for a new project. Sproutland is an area covered by a sprout forest.

Topic starter Posted : August 4, 2019 12:08 pm
holy cow
(@holy-cow)
10,000+ posts Member

Those are forbidden in Kansas.  They could turn into those uncommon things called trees.  I have heard trees tend to interfere with line of sight.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 4, 2019 12:33 pm
Field Dog
(@field-dog)
1,000+ posts Member

Does the new project involve the forest industry?

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 4, 2019 12:38 pm

Field Dog
(@field-dog)
1,000+ posts Member

@holy-cow

I read your post to my wife. She got a good laugh out of it. She's from western Kansas.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 4, 2019 12:44 pm
not my real name
(@not-my-real-name)
500+ posts Supporter

@field-dog

It's a state forest and a conservation area.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 4, 2019 12:50 pm
holy cow
(@holy-cow)
10,000+ posts Member

@field-dog

My wife is from FAR northwest Kansas.  I say anything west of Wichita or Salina is western Kansas.  She says you must be at least 50 miles west of Hays to qualify as western Kansas.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 4, 2019 1:08 pm

Field Dog
(@field-dog)
1,000+ posts Member

@holy-cow

My wife is from Grinnell.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 4, 2019 2:09 pm
holy cow
(@holy-cow)
10,000+ posts Member

@field-dog

That meets the criteria of being at least 50 miles west of Hays.  The farm where Mrs. Cow lived is 105 road miles further to the northwest from downtown Grinnell.  The nearest town is Benkelman, Nebraska. She remembers competition between Grinnell and Cheylin schools.

We checked out Castle Rock before the tallest went down about 2001.  Monument Rock area is amazing as well.

I have a special connection with Quinter schools.  The first time I got a call early one morning to ask if today was a snow day I was quite surprised.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 4, 2019 4:49 pm
Share: