Notifications
Clear all

Trimble SLR Prism Constant

Page 2 / 2
Brad Ott
(@brad-ott)
5,000+ posts Supporter

@john-nolton thanks, fella.

I learned to minimize my 0.03’ - 360 problem by always pointing the prism in the same direction toward the gun when taking more “critical” shots.  I put a green, blue, and red dot on the three sides of the prism housing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 23, 2021 11:54 am
Scott Bordenet
(@scott-bordenet)
100+ posts Member

@richard-imrie 

Thanks for the documents - I looked online for a while and couldn't find anything.

-Scott

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 23, 2021 12:38 pm
Scott Bordenet
(@scott-bordenet)
100+ posts Member

Thanks all for the interest...being a small shop (me and two bros), it is hard to find other professionals to bounce stuff off of.  I appreciate the forum.

-Scott

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 23, 2021 12:40 pm

JOHN NOLTON
(@john-nolton)
200+ posts Member

@brad-ott   I would be interested in your DATA if you could get to a Good NGS base line. Also what kind of prism do you use when you don't use the 360 one? Are you still in Indiana?

JOHN NOLTON

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 23, 2021 12:53 pm
JOHN NOLTON
(@john-nolton)
200+ posts Member

@scott-bordenet   Did you find the offset for your Trimble SLR Prism, part No. 571 204 360 yet?

I would like to know what it is. Thanks

JOHN NOLTON

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 23, 2021 12:55 pm
Bill93
(@bill93)
5,000+ posts Member
Posted by: @john-nolton

if you could get to a Good NGS base line.

Looks like he would have to go to near Cincinnati, Louisville, or Evansville for the nearest ones.

https://beta.ngs.noaa.gov/CBLINES/pages/index.html

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 23, 2021 1:33 pm

JOHN NOLTON
(@john-nolton)
200+ posts Member

@richard-imrie  Thanks for the link to bohnenstingl. I downloaded the new catalog(neat stuff).

www.bohnenstingl.de/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Bohnenstingl_Complete_Catalog_2022_English.pdf

JOHN NOLTON

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 23, 2021 7:37 pm
Scott Bordenet
(@scott-bordenet)
100+ posts Member

@john-nolton 

Yes - it is 0mm. Found it in a Trimble manual after much searching.  Put it in for a few shots with were also shot with my known prism (Trimble RMT 604/606) and the distances were all within .01' +/-.  

I wonder how long I will use this Trimble 5601.  It works great, and over the years others have GIVEN or sold me their old accessories (cables, chargers, adapters batteries, prisms, whole power pack kits).  The only downfall is the weight of the external battery on the gun and radio on the prism pole.  If I could just find someone to continue to service/calibrate it.  At my most recent clean, calibration, and battery replacement ($1000), the service department in Indianapolis indicated they probably are going to stop servicing them.

Thanks for your help.

-Scott

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 25, 2021 7:11 am
JOHN NOLTON
(@john-nolton)
200+ posts Member

@scott-bordenet   Glad to hear you found the offset ; It does save you some time and money and the way things are going that's a big PLUS.

JOHN NOLTON

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 25, 2021 8:53 am

Page 2 / 2
Share: