Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Week so far

MightyMoe
(@mightymoe)
5,000+ posts Supporter

3 work days into the week. 7 jobs came through the door and computer. I turned down 1 private job and declined to jump on the hamster treadmill for 2 government ones. So 10 possible jobs in total. 

One of the government ones was really nice about it. I thanked him for sending the request for an RFQ to me and some details of the job, but I declined explaining that I couldn't meet the deadline for the final deliveries which is Jan 15. He wrote back and said just send in the RFQ and what my timeframe would be. I explained that I can't even get to the deadline for the RFQ which is Dec 3. I think they are having difficulty getting anyone interested. 

Topic starter Posted : November 26, 2021 7:46 am
Brad Ott and BushAxe liked
holy cow
(@holy-cow)
10,000+ posts Member

Tried to get fired up first thing to spend the day drafting,  Quite obviously, I am not as motivated as I should be.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 26, 2021 8:12 am
RADAR and dms330 liked
MathTeacher
(@mathteacher)
1,000+ posts Member

I was going to spend today trying to see just how similar two peas in a pod really are, but I haven't been able to find any two-pea pods. If I have, say, a six-pea pod, and one of them is distinctly different, how would I report that?

It does seem that peas in a can are all very similar, but that's a biased sample.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 26, 2021 8:32 am
Brad Ott liked

Bill93
(@bill93)
5,000+ posts Member
Posted by: @mathteacher

I was going to spend today trying to see just how similar two peas in a pod really are

Since most pods do have more than two, and the old saying doesn't specify which peas, it can't be a comparison of one pea versus another one pea, but rather an ensemble measure.  Thus, I'd report the standard deviation of the weights of all those of similar color.  That, of course, ignores differences in wrinkles, which is trickier to measure.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 26, 2021 9:02 am
MathTeacher
(@mathteacher)
1,000+ posts Member

Agree. Perhaps the proper question is what is the chance that two peas chosen at random from a randomly-selected pod are similar. Then the related Bayesian question could be explored. If two peas chosen at random are similar, what is the chance that they came from the same pod?

If we can somehow relate this to global warming, we can get funding. How is global warming affecting the similarity of two peas in a pod?

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 26, 2021 9:33 am
Bill93 liked
Share: